Monday, May 28, 2007

I was feeling a bit down. Until I read this:

From The Washington Post, Sunday, May 20th edition:

I am reading about diabolical Christian cults and Kabbalah in "Foucault's Pendulum," while waiting for my daughter as she learns Indian classical music and Hindu hymns from a Muslim originally from Afghanistan. The other students include an African American lady, a mother and daughter from Bangladesh and a massage therapist who rents a car just to come to class. There are also Boy Scouts in full regalia meeting in a room around the corner. And a ballet troupe in pretty pink tutus, practicing for an upcoming event in the big hall. All in an Episcopal Church in the suburbs. I love America.

Sanjiev Chattopadhya

Sanjiev, you rock! Thanks for bringing me up out of my funk.

No comments: